THE HUT DOJO - UXBRIDGE
Sensei Paul Foster - Dent (5th Dan)
Behind The Hut Public House
Old Orchard Close
ABOUT THE CLUB
Come and learn this defensive Martial Art in the dojo where Aikido was first taught in the UK in the early 1950s. Based on the principle of using your opponent’s strength against him, Aikido is ideal for both sexes from the age of 8 upwards and you can continue training in your 70s!
The Hut Dojo is the Headquarters of the Institute of Aikido, which has affiliated clubs throughout the world.
- Weapons Class: Jo & Bokken: 7.00 - 8.15pm.
- Open hand techniques class: 8.30 to 9.45pm. (16 and upwards - all grades)
- Open hand techniques: 8.00 - 9.30pm. (16 and upwards- all grades)
- Children’s Class: 10.30am - 12.00 (ages 8 - 15)
- Morning Class: 10.45am - 12.15pm (16 and upwards - all grades)
The Monday Weapons Class teaches the use of the Jo (wooden staff) and the Bokken (wooden training sword). Use of these weapons improves your open hand techniques and is essential learning for your progress through to the higher grades of coloured belt.
Adult Mat Fees
- 1 Class per week: £25 per month
- 2 Classes per week: £40 per month
- Single Classes: £7 per session
Payable at the beginning of each month or by standing order. If your two classes per week do not include the double class on a Monday this will be an extra £2 on the day
Children's Mat Fees
- Per Session: £3
After three sessions you are required to take out membership of the Institute of Aikido at an annual cost of £20.00 for Adults and £10.00 for Unwaged and under 18s.
"Aikido has allowed me to look at the world in a very different way in terms of trying to find a way of harmonising with people around me."